What is Bio-identical Hormone Therapy?
As we age our hormone levels decline. Bio-identical hormones work to replenish the hormones that your body needs to function. The Gold Wellness Center uses bio-identical or natural hormones instead of bio-similar or synthetic hormones. Bio-identical hormones are made to be exactly the same molecule-by-molecule, as the hormones present in the human body. Once you set up an appointment with us, our naturopathic physician will assess your needs on an individual basis and work to restore these hormones. Each program is set up to help you get the results you specifically need.
How are we Different?
Our naturopathic physician will discuss how we can help you nutritionally, fitness wise and how to make the right lifestyle choices in your new found quest to better your health with natural hormones. Making the right food choices and exercising are equally important aspects of bio-identical hormone therapy or hormone replacement therapy (HRT). If your hormones are out of balance, your body will not respond how it should to improved nutrition and exercise. As your hormones, nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle improve – you will begin to feel like your old self with improved energy, vitality and results.
Who needs Bio-identical Hormone Therapy or HRT?
Women suffering from early menopause symptoms looking to put an end to hot flashes, night sweats, memory loss, mood swings, weight gain, and low libido are turning to the Gold Wellness Center to replace natural hormones. Our naturopathic physician will design an individualized program tailored specifically for each woman suffering from early menopause symptoms, menopause, perimenopause, and severe PMS.
Males who are experiencing the Andropause (the male menopause) who want to get a grip on weight gain, lost libido, fatigue, stress, energy, muscle mass, and body fat are also finding solutions through the Gold Wellness Center's natural hormone therapy. For males, Andropause happens gradually (about 2% loss in testosterone each year after 20)and when diagnosed, the symptoms are successfully treated using bio-identical hormone therapy.
Gold Wellness Center Bio-identical Hormone Therapy Services
• A comprehensive review of symptoms, medical, family and personal history
• Testing – saliva
• Natural Hormone balancing
• One follow-up appointment
• Quality compounded pharmacy
• Highest quality supplements
• Fitness programs
• Nutritional planning
• Stress management classes
• Meal Plans
• Estimated Cost & How to Get Started for Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy
• Please call or email one of our locations for pricing and how to get started
• To get started, please feel free to contact us by phone or email and we will get right back to you. We order the initial labs you’ll need for your first visit and we’ll schedule the appointment with our naturopathic physician. Before your visit you’ll spend time on our website completing a thorough questionnaire in the convenience of your home.
• During your initial consultation our naturopathic physician will meet with you personally to discuss your symptoms, review your results and talk you through the appropriate treatment to meet your individualized needs. Our highly experienced naturopathic physician will help you meet all of your goals.
• Finally, our naturopathic physician will prescribe the customized compounded bio-identical hormones and other pharmacy-grade supplements for your personalized program.
Why Test Hormone Levels?
Hormones are powerful molecules essential for maintaining physical and mental health. We frequently think of estrogen as being a female hormone, and testosterone as being a male hormone. But men AND women make both, plus several more that need to be in balance for optimum health. An imbalance of any one hormone can throw your physical and mental health out of balance, causing aggravating and even serious health problems.
One size does not fit all when it comes to hormones! For decades western medicine has prescribed Hormone Replacement Therapy as if everyone needed the same thing and the same amount. Nothing could be further from the truth. Your hormones are like your fingerprints and in order to achieve optimal health, you need to know what your specific imbalances are.
There are several ways to test for hormones(saliva, serum and urine), but the state-of-the-art method is through saliva. This is because only the active portions of hormones are measured and it is these portions that determine how individuals feel. So if your patient is seeking bio-identical hormone replacement (BHRT), you’ll need to know active hormone levels. In addition, if using a topical (transdermal) hormone preparation for treatment, saliva testing is the most accurate tool to measure and monitor hormone status.